19 April 2023

Total Solar Eclipse in Australia: watch live

As an Eclipse Chaser, I often travel long and far to see a total solar eclipse. Today is no exception, as I find myself in Western Australia to witness the Ningaloo Solar Eclipse from Exmouth. There are several live streams: 

NASA

Australian Geographic 

Happy viewing. I'll post comments later. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Here is my report from later on 20 April: it was an impressive eclipse, with a very sharply defined corona. The prominences were like I have never seen before, with one very extended prominence and one beautifully curved prominence that had a broken filament. The sky was crystal clear and the spectators at my site here in Exmouth were quite excited by the whole thing. 

I have added two photos from the photographers next to me. The one above shows the Diamond Ring effect, and the one below totality with the solar corona. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping up these posts! Maybe we will “see” you at the big eclipse next year in the USA! We will be somewhere between Dallas and …. San Antonio??